assalamualaikum

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Process to get the company Scholarship


                                                           Bismillahirahmanirahim

~rezeki yang x terduga~

Ok, I have been working after graduate and this year is the fifth year I’m working in the same company. I have thought to further study but I never thought of really furthering my study. On mid of 2018 my company open scholarship for employee and I just try my luck. Since I am still single so it worth a try as I don’t have many commitments yet. So here we go.  Zasss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Applying the scholarship

To apply the scholarship I need to send my motivation letters and that is the hardest part. You need to know :
Why you want to further study?
 How it benefit you?
How it benefit the company?
What is your plan? The course you want to take? Which university?
So I write my motivation letter with these guidelines and let Allah decide which are best for me. I don’t think I’ll further study using my own money so when opportunity like this come, why don’t I try it?

Shortlisted for interview

After 2-3 months I guess, the shortlist come out and I was invited to have interview with 3 head of departments. One Belgian, one India, one Chinese and one Malay which is me. I can feel the spirit of Satu Malaysia plus one Europe in the room hahhaha  

Honestly, I prepare a lot of thing before the interview session. I did some research on what I want to if I get the scholarship. I ask my senior which is now a senior lecturer in my previous university if he have any idea on how can I further my study. He told me to do research with him as the research will use software and no lab or chemical needed. XD So I can still working and studying at the same time. 

I also refer to the previous company scholarship holder. He furthers his study at UM in taught course. He said it will be tough since you need to really balance your work and study. It going to have classes, assignments, study group, quiz, exam and small research project but it confirm graduate since we have the timeline. He told me if I took research then they timeline will rely on my result. I need to get the result so I can graduate.

So I was in dilemma but that doesn’t stop me!

I draft the pro and cons and continue searching in internet for information on the classes and everything. When I was about to take the taught course suddenly the UM admin told me that they cannot confirm if the will be weekend classes or not. So if the classes are on weekday, how am I going to split my body to go to work and also class?? Haha Finally I just go with the research. Below is the pro and cons of both mode.



Taught course mode
Research mode
Pro
-diverse knowledge
-easy if hardworking
-has guideline
-relate to my purpose (jeng3)
-readymade knowledge
-flexible time
-skill toward phd (huh? Seriously? )
Cons
-too much subject
-exam, quiz, assignment, mini report, research
-class on weekday
-uncertain of getting result
-only focus on one topic
-distance (johor)
-away from SV
-do everything by myself

So after I look at the table there are more pro on taught course compare to research mode. But whenever I do toward the taught course is not really working. I call UM to get info about class but I was told that they can assure me that there will be weekend class. So it will be like 50% yes and 50% no. So how am I going to decide to go to UM??? What if after I register there is no weekend class??? Plus, you know when sometimes you can feel like this is the sign for me to not choosing this path. It is like everything is hard.

 So I did some searching on research mode in UTM.  Surprisingly there gonna be two compulsory class to attend. One research methodology class, another one is elective class. So how am I going to class if im working??? It is fulltime study!!! So there is 80% class will be on weekday. But after further searching, I come to know that the research methodology is only for 4-5 days and the elective can be taken at UTM KL. So it is like Allah is making way for me on this path. But yet the process is tough. I need to call, e-mail and searching for all this information MYSELF!!!

And all this was present to my interviewer on  14th February 2019. I explain everything to them. All my plan.

Choosen ONE

Sometimes when you really give your best, you can feel like everything will go well. I try not to think much of the result and just let Allah decide for me , which path is good for me. So on 20th February 2019 the result is out!!! I was called again this time with HR to get my result. Alhamdulliah, all praise to Allah I get the scholarship. I was speechless. Because I have beed to 2-3 interview for job position but fail so don’t give much attention to this but wow. Alhamdulillah.

BUT THIS IS NOT THE HARDEST PART!!! THE HARDEST PART IS AFTER I GOT THE SCHOLARSHIP. THIS IS WHERE ARE ALL THE MENTAL BREAKDOWN, LOSE HOPE, ALMOST GIVE UP  HAPPENS…..

….to be continue….
p/s; love yourself ,appreciate yourself…


No comments:

Post a Comment